WEDDING ENTERTAINMENT FOR A WEDDING IN THE CZECH REPUBLIC – PRAGUE OR BEYOND
It is natural that you and your guests would like to have the best memories on your wedding day especially when they come a long distance for a wedding in Prague or somewhere else in the Czech Republic. But how to achieve it?
Wedding entertainment is a big topic that I often deal with my clients. The basis of a wedding is, of course, the part around the ceremony, everything should be about family, emotions, romance, well-being and mutual love. But what about the rest of a wedding day? It is necessary to grasp this time correctly in order to take care of guests and have a good time. This is the basis of success!
After all the years I have been organizing weddings, I have selected a few points that I believe are crucial to a success of a wedding. I believe that these points might help you, what to focus on.
BASIC POINTS FOR A SUCCESSFULL WEDDING:
- To fulfill the main wish of a bride – someone has a dream about a flower decoration / someone wants to look great, to have perfect dress, hair and make-up / someone just wants to dance to the rhythm of a good band / someone wants a great photographer to have beautiful photos / someone longs for a beautiful wedding venue. Usually it is 2-3 points, which are crucial for a bride. I recommend focusing on these points and trying to meet them as much as possible. Other less important points might be matter of compromises, if needed.
- To fulfill the main wish of a groom– he feels good during the preparations and also on a wedding day. I find that a groom wants to have good alcohol / good music / good flow of a wedding day, not to be much organized / wants guests to have a great time / and he does not want to be bothered with taking pictures too much.
- To ensure guests are satisfied– how to do this? Based on my experience, I would summarize it in 4 key points:
- To have enough food and drinks, and excellent service.
- To have a well-prepared time schedule, so that guests do not get bored and are pleasantly surprised and excited about something.
- To have a perfectly organized wedding and communicate with the guests – that they always know what is going to happen, what to expect, but at the same time it is very natural and relaxed.
- To have a good entertainment, and by “good” I mean not embarrassing, not forced. But if you have a well-set schedule for the day, you will not need much of it. A good music is essential.
As you can see, there are only a few points. I can really confirm that if you stick to these points and fulfill all of them, you have almost won. See more details to make your day very special below!
Then you can fine-tune details that will make your wedding day more pleasant and enthusiastic. There are many of them. Here are some tips for inspiration.
DETAILS WHICH MAKE YOUR WEDDING DAY SPECIAL:
If a budget allows, it is always great to invest in something like this. It makes your wedding day special, and it can be an unforgettable experience for your guests.
- Gentlemen’s bar, or some themed “corner” according hobbies of a bride and a groom
- Photobooth or polaroid with a book where guests can write wishes and messages
- Funny dance of a bride with her dad / groom / grandfather, eventually some dance of a groom / bridesmaids / groomsmen etc.
- “Messages in the bottle” – wishes, tips and messages for a bride and a groom on their 1st anniversary
- Sweet bar with nicely designed desserts will go well with a wedding cake
- Lounge, either sofas and chairs or blankets with pillows
- Ice cream / sorbet bar, or just ice lolly or sorbet with vodka
- Coffee bar with a great barista
- Stylish cocktail bar
- Prosecco mini van, where guests can shoot their Prosecco and it is also possible to attach a beer barrel
- Sparklers / flying lanterns / balloon cards / fireworks and more
I recommend avoiding wedding games as much as possible. It is better to well-set a wedding schedule, so that boring downtime does not occur at all and therefore games are not needed. Of course, if you are starting a wedding ceremony around noon, there is nothing else to do and you will have to fill in the time between the reception and the evening party.
However, a few wedding games are often worth it, I can recommend these:
- Newlywed quiz
- Chairs, where guests always have to bring something (tie / pint of beer / phone / bra, etc.). Those who fall out have to do some specific task for the newlyweds in the future (to take them to a cinema / bake a cake, etc.).
- Of course, traditions are also a part of a wedding entertainment (smashing plates, throwing of a bouquet, 1st dance, cake cutting, etc.)
There are really many entertainment options. But the basis is a great organization of a wedding – if you set the schedule of the day correctly, the fun creates itself and does not have to be forced. A final point: remember that where the bride and the groom are, there are guests also! If you will sit by a table with a glass of wine, guests will be there too. If you want a full dance floor, dance on it.
I wish you a wonderful wedding time full of great entertainment!!!
If you are looking for a wedding planner in Prague, feel free to contact me!
Lucie Holá, Prague wedding planner & event designer